- newLawyer questions legality of returning asylum seekers to India
Lawyers representing a group of 157 Tamil asylum seekers held on board an Australian customs boat say there are doubts about whether the Government can legally send them back to India.
- 43 mins ago, 26 Jul 14, 12:20am -
- newMoylan sorry for 'unintended consequences' of ANZ hoax
An environmental activist who received a suspended sentence for sending out a fake press release that prompted Whitehaven Coal's share price to crash has said he is sorry and accepts the court's decision.In January last year, Jonathan Moylan, 26, of…
- 1 hour ago, 26 Jul 14, 12:03am -
- newAustralia pressing Ukraine for deal to get police to MH17 site
Australia is still working for an agreement with Ukraine to allow an international police force into the country to help secure the crash site of Malaysia Airlines flight MH17.
- 2 hours ago, 25 Jul 14, 10:58pm -
- newIslamic State claims killing of 50 Syrian soldiers
Fighters from the extremist Islamic State group, formerly known as ISIS, say they have killed at least 50 soldiers and in north-eastern Syria.
- 2 hours ago, 25 Jul 14, 10:35pm -
- newPair found dead with their dog inside car near Ballarat
Two people have been found dead in a car on the outskirts of Ballarat in central Victoria.Police found the bodies of the 27-year-old man and 24-year-old woman inside the car, which was parked on Smarts Hill Road in Cardigan.It is believed the pair ha…
- 4 hours ago, 25 Jul 14, 9:30pm -
- new'Disruptive' edits bring Wikipedia ban for US Capitol
Wikipedia has imposed a ban on page edits from computers at the US House of Representatives after anonymous changes were made to entries about politicians, businesses and historical events.
- 4 hours ago, 25 Jul 14, 9:18pm -
- newNigeria confirms Ebola case in megacity of Lagos
Nigeria's health minister claims a Liberian man who died in the commercial capital of Lagos has tested positive for the deadly Ebola virus.
- 4 hours ago, 25 Jul 14, 9:07pm -