- newSuper tax breaks the 'Hindenburg' of federal budget
A left-leaning think tank says the federal budget would be more than $13 billion better off if the Government scrapped all tax breaks on superannuation and dramatically increased the age pension.The radical proposal is contained in a report by the Au…
- 38 mins ago, 21 Apr 14, 2:35pm -
- newSouth Sudan rebels kill hundreds in ethnic massacre, UN says
Rebel gunmen in South Sudan massacred hundreds of civilians in ethnic killings when they captured the oil town of Bentiu last week, the United Nations said.
- 1 hour ago, 21 Apr 14, 1:56pm -
- newAnti-Islam hate campaign raises tensions to violent new heights
Police and ASIO are scrambling to defuse serious tensions between Australian far-right groups and Islamist extremists, which have reached unprecedented heights with death threats and an apparent attempted murder.In the most serious case, up to eight…
- 3 hours ago, 21 Apr 14, 12:05pm -
- newNSW police officer charged with child rape
A New South Wales police officer has been charged with the rape of a child.
- 3 hours ago, 21 Apr 14, 11:46am -
- newSyria sets June date for presidential election
Syria will hold a presidential election on June 3, the speaker of parliament said, setting a date for a vote likely to give Bashar al-Assad a third term.
- 4 hours ago, 21 Apr 14, 10:47am -
- newPanthers edge past Titans
The Gold Coast Titans missed the chance to go clear at the top of the NRL ladder, losing 14-12 to the Penrith Panthers.
- 4 hours ago, 21 Apr 14, 10:45am -
- newIndonesia expects Australia to sign off agreement to limit spying
Indonesia expects Australia will agree to limit its spy operations in the country but says it is not ready to sign off on the final terms for a code of conduct.
- 4 hours ago, 21 Apr 14, 10:43am -