- newSea level rises will cost Australia billions: report
Future sea level rises could put more than $200 billion of Australian infrastructure at risk, a report by the Climate Council has found.The report showed sea levels were likely to rise by between 40 centimetres and one metre over the next century, wi…
- 5 hours ago, 16 Sep 14, 2:14pm -
- newAlleged voter intimidation on eve of Fiji poll
Fiji's military chief Mosese Tikoitoga says the army is on standby on election eve election after receiving reports about voter intimidation.
- 7 hours ago, 16 Sep 14, 12:41pm -
- newSydney doctor's stem cell methods untested by trials
Serious questions have been raised about a stem cell doctor working in western Sydney who charges $9,000 per procedure and uses methods that are untested by clinical trials.
- 7 hours ago, 16 Sep 14, 12:17pm -
- newEbola crisis unparalleled in modern times, global response needed: WHO
The World Health Organisation (WHO) is establishing a global response coalition to the Ebola crisis as the spread of the disease worsens in West Africa. WHO and UN officials said on Tuesday an unprecedented response to the crisis was needed, with the…
- 8 hours ago, 16 Sep 14, 11:23am -
- newAblett gets eighth All Australian AFL nod
Gary Ablett was named an All Australian for an eighth time as Nathan Fyfe and Lance Franklin headlined the 2014 team.
- 8 hours ago, 16 Sep 14, 11:10am -
- new805 million people worldwide going hungry: report
There are 100 million fewer hungry people in the world compared to ten years ago but 805 million people, or one in nine, still don't have enough to eat, according to three global food and agriculture agencies.
- 9 hours ago, 16 Sep 14, 10:41am -
- newCalls for Indigenous referendum vote by 2016 election
A referendum on Indigenous recognition in the constitution should be held at or before the next election in 2016, a bi-partisan committee of federal MPs says.Prime Minister Tony Abbott today said he was hoping to announce within days the details of w…
- 9 hours ago, 16 Sep 14, 9:58am -